Save the date for our next event on Saturday, October 13 from 1-4pm at East Columbia 50+ Center!
It will feature mini workshops on Do-It-Yourself (DIY) tasks. The quick sessions demonstrate "how to fix it" or "how to make it" skills. Do you have a DIY skill to share? Click here to submit your idea for a demo.
Repair Cafe fixers will be ready to work on items such as bicycles, clothing, electronics, small appliances, jewelry, toys, and more. Learn more and preregister your broken item here.
See below for details from our July event. __________________________________________________________________________________________
Good times were had at the SkillShairFair and Repair Cafe on July 14. Check below for action shots. Visit Columbia Association's Facebook page for photos here. Mini workshops on Do-It-Yourself (DIY) tasks featured:
- 12pm-Create materials for plastic bag sleeping mats with Millie
- 1pm-Rewire a lamp/lights with Charlie
- 1:30pm-Make homemade toiletries with Kristine
- 2pm-How to repair a hole in a wall with Matt
- 2:30pm-Simple caulking with Eric
- 3pm-Screen repair with Matt
- 3:30pm-Sewing for beginners with Mikki
- 11am-3pm- Plastic Bag Sleeping Mats Community Project Table
DIY Book Swap 1-4pm:
- Bring unwanted DIY books to swap
- Take a new DIY book home
- FREE to everyone
Learn more about Repair Cafes.
Read about Transition Howard County's Repair Cafe and Howard County's Time Bank here.
Learn about Elkridge Library & DIY Education Center here.